This year we are going to participate in an European Community’s Project based on music. This is the programme approved by the European Community and our work this year( Iam sorry but it’s in English)
REASONS FOR BUILDING UP THIS PROJECT:
- “I always loved music; whoso has skill in this art is of good temperament, fitted for all things. We must teach music in schools; a schoolmaster ought to have skill in music, or I would not regard him”. Martin Luther
- “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent”. Victor Hugo
- “Music stabilizes mental, physical and emotional rhythms to attain a state of deep concentration and focus in which large amounts of content information can be processed and learned.” Chris Brewer.
- Students who were exposed to music-based lessons scored a full 100% higher on fractions tests than those who learned in the conventional manner. Neurological Research, March 15, 1999
- Music may achieve the highest of all mission: she may be a bond between nations, races, and states, who are strangers in many ways; she may unite what is disunited and bring peace to what is hostile. Dr. Max Bendiner
– To improve concentration through music
– To introduce students to English rhythm, intonation and stress
– To improve memory as they are going to learn some lyrics
– To bring a sense of community to a group as students are going to share their experience with children from other countries.
– To motivate shy students to participate in group work
– To relax people who are overwhelmed or stressed
– To make learning fun as we are going to prepare concerts, festivals, videos
– To helps people acquire English grammar and language indirectly
– On October and November get to know our partners using our emails or blogs. Tell students about the project and present our partners using photos or their presentation emails.
– On December: prepare a short musical for the Christmas school party( 20 minutes) and share it with our partners from Europe. Organize a chat via skype with our partners or a videoconference to exchange experiences and get to know better our partners.
– On January and February exchange materials regarding students first oral presentations about their favorite singer or band. Prepare a video with the most interesting presentations. Each song is going to be used for working out some grammatical or language features.
– On March and Abril prepare the “Spring festival” using an actual song. Each partner prepare one part of the song and then I will mix up everything and build up a new, funny song made by students from different countries.
– On May and June exchange activities based on the songs that we worked out along the previous months. Prepare a virtual folder with all the materials. At the end of the course students express their experience in a video that we send to our partners.
– Every month students will write emails to their partners telling them their preferences regarding music, their experiences and their work with each song.